Summary Staging of Colorectal Cancer
Stages of Colorectal Cancer (Summary Staging)
- Stage 0: Cancer is confined to inner lining of the colon wall (the mucosa).
- Stage I: Cancer has spread beyond the mucosa to the middle layers of the colon wall.
- Stage II: Cancer has spread beyond the colon's middle layers and possibly into nearby organs, but hasn't spread to lymph nodes.
- Stage III: Cancer has spread to lymph nodes, but not to other parts of the body.
- Stage IV: Cancer has spread to distant areas, like the liver or lungs.