What are Nutritional Claims? (VIDEO)
Since 1994, the Nutrition Facts panel has appeared on packaged foods to help consumers make healthy choices. But being provided information about nutritional content is only one step toward establishing and maintaining a wholesome diet. A smart consumer also knows how to balance nutrient intake properly — and how to navigate the sometimes misleading claims used by food manufacturers to categorize and promote their products.
- The chapter listing at the left shows the range of subtopics that we will explore in this health center.
- The key visualizations from each chapter appear in our carousel of small pictures, above. Clicking on each one will enlarge it so you can view the content for the related chapter.
- On the main images, buttons may launch short videos, graphics and interactive features.
- Also, rolling over the red arrows on the images reveals more interactive content.
- Finally, the photos, graphics and icons in the text labeled “Read More” link to additional content and interactive experiences. Click away!
We hope you find all of “The 9 Visual Rules of Wellness” to be informative and compelling.
UNDERSTANDING NUTRITIONAL CLAIMS VIDEOS
CHAPTER 1 (currently viewing)
What are Nutritional Claims?Since 1994, the Nutrition Facts panel has appeared on packaged foods to help consumers make healthy choices.
What is Organic?According to the USDA, "Organic meat, poultry, eggs, and dairy products come from animals..."
Functional FoodsFunctional foods are specific foods that are believed to deliver a health-promoting or disease-preventing benefit...