Nutrition: Protein Chapter 1
- What are Proteins? (VIDEO)
- Material for Life
- A Protein for a Life Stage
- Fuel Your Passion
- Daily Protein Intake (VIDEO)
- Pick a Perfect Protein Package
- Protein Breakdown and Reassembly
- Amino Acids (VIDEO)
- Building Blocks
- Making Proteins
- Small Changes, Big Trouble
- Protein Supplements (VIDEO)
- High Protein Diets
- Perilous Proteins
What are Proteins? (VIDEO)
The casual consumer might consider protein only in the context of foods such as meats like chicken or fish. While the characterization is not incorrect, it belies the incredible complexity of a nutrient your body depends on fundamentally. The many functions provided by protein are almost as fascinating as the way your body uses food sources to build, support and protect you all lifelong.
- The chapter listing at the left shows the range of subtopics that we will explore in this health center.
- The key visualizations from each chapter appear in our carousel of small pictures, above. Clicking on each one will enlarge it so you can view the content for the related chapter.
- On the main images, buttons may launch short videos, graphics and interactive features.
- Also, rolling over the red arrows on the images reveals more interactive content.
- Finally, the photos, graphics and icons in the text labeled “Read More” link to additional content and interactive experiences. Click away!
We hope you find all of “The 9 Visual Rules of Wellness” to be informative and compelling.
CHAPTER 1 (currently viewing)
What are Proteins?The casual consumer might consider protein only in the context of foods such as meats like chicken or fish.
Daily Protein IntakeThere are many factors that play into your daily protein requirements, including body weight, level of physical activity, age...
Amino AcidsThe building blocks of protein are called amino acids.
Protein SupplementsProtein supplements are increasingly popular among athletes and people looking to substitute meals with on-the-go alternatives.
theVisualMD Wishes to Thank our Scientific Collaborators:
The material on this site is for informational purposes only and is not intended as medical advice. It should not be used to diagnose or treat any medical condition. Consult a licensed medical professional for the diagnosis and treatment of all medical conditions and before starting a new diet or exercise program. If you have a medical emergency, call 911 immediately.