What are Carbohydrates? (VIDEO)
Most of the foods we consume, including fruits and vegetables, contain carbohydrates. Once metabolized, these macronutrients become the body’s primary source of energy, providing food to cells. And while nature never produced any “good” or “bad” carbs, it’s also true that excessive carbohydrate consumption can lead to unwanted weight gain. Before you strike carbs from your diet, though, learn more about how this important nutrient supports your good health.
- The chapter listing at the left shows the range of subtopics that we will explore in this health center.
- The key visualizations from each chapter appear in our carousel of small pictures, above. Clicking on each one will enlarge it so you can view the content for the related chapter.
- On the main images, buttons may launch short videos, graphics and interactive features.
- Also, rolling over the red arrows on the images reveals more interactive content.
- Finally, the photos, graphics and icons in the text labeled “Read More” link to additional content and interactive experiences. Click away!
We hope you find all of “The 9 Visual Rules of Wellness” to be informative and compelling.
CHAPTER 1 (currently viewing)
What are Carbohydrates?Most of the foods we consume, including fruits and vegetables, contain carbohydrates.
FiberTake steps towards better health exploring why a diet rich in soluble fiber, a complex carbohydrate...
Simple CarbohydratesBecause only the smallest molecules of sugar can pass through the intestinal walls and into the blood stream...